Applied advanced technology
Utilizing the latest generation machine tools, be that three, four or five axis milling machines or advanced turn/mill lathes, the team at City Engineering has a sustained history supporting all our customer requests from a basic turned part to the most complex prismatic milled part.
Working with our customers we are we aim to offer a complete turn-key solution from design concept through to manufacture and we can also offer assembly.
Design & Additive Layer ManufactureM
Concept through to delivery
City Engineering has the technical expertise and internal processes to successfully offer the complete design for manufacture solutions. We work closely with all our customers to achieve the world class safety, integrity and commercial be-spoke solutions from concept to final delivery of product.
Operating the latest CAD systems in Autodesk, Solidworks and Catia V5 we are able to offer a solution for any of our customers’ needs.
We are able to support our customers with design reviews to best utilize the latest machines and machining strategies.
Through our sister companies we have a wealth of knowledge to advise when designing parts to be 3D printed – additive layer design technique and best practice.
City Engineering specialise in the design and manufacture of bespoke cavity mould tooling for the investment casting industry and achieve global recognition for expertise in these areas. Working closely with its customers to form a successful team partnership it prides itself on taking initial concept through to delivery of the highest quality product ready for serial production.
CAD Design Platforms – Autodesk products, Catia V5 & Solidworks
CAM Programming Platforms – Autodesk products, MasterCam & SolidCam
- Large IGT Wax Pattern Dies, Solid/Cored Blades & Vanes and Multi-Shot Vane Segments
- Aerospace Wax Pattern Dies, Solid/Cored Blades & Vanes and Multi-Shot Vane Segments
- Structural component tooling, large & small catered for in house
- Ceramic Core Dies, complex multi-pass construction in exotic materials to single pull plane hard anodised tooling (anodising completed in house)
- Full In house EDM facilities include state of the art CNC Spark erosion (EDM) & CNC Wire erosion (WEDM) to formcomplex cavity details required for all type of tooling systems
- CNC Milling capacity is the very latest advanced generation 3, 4 & 5 axis systems up to the following capacities:
- Multiple machines – 3 & 4 Axis Milling up to 8m (X) x 1m (Y) x 1.7m (Z)
- Multiple machines with Full simultaneous 5 Axis Milling up to 1.1m Dia x 1m, max billet loading of 1200kgs
- All machines are equipped with laser tool detection and touch probe technology for live OMV operations for in process machine cycle verification and hold up to 250 individual tools. (full consigned stock held on site of cutting tools & tips)
- Horizontal Boring Capacity – Cross Slide X = 5m, W = 1.25m, Z = 700mm, Y = 2.4m
- CNC Turning capacity with live tooling in house
- Surface grinding up to 1.2m x 0.5m x 0.5m capacity in house, cylindrical grinding capability also available for high tolerance turned components
A large experienced toolroom equipped with traditional equipment required to compliment the range of automatic machines needed to support and process the most complex and challenging of customer projects.
Lifting capacity 30t with powered overhead crane travelling the full facility footprint
Inspection & Testing
Automatic CMM machine housed in a temperature controlled environment with operating range of 2m x 1m x1m, this provides total confidence during in process checks and final customer inspection requirements
Testing of tooling is always performed on high quality industry standard wax & ceramic injection equipment to validate all geometry to ensure complete client satisfaction prior delivery.